In-House Corporate Counsel
ISI Telemanagement Solutions (ISI), a market-leading Telemanagement Software, Services and Consulting organization is currently seeking an In-House Corporate Counsel to join our team. ISI offers CDR – Call Detail Reporting and TEM - Telecom Expense Management - software and consulting services that help our customers and clients manage their costs, improve productivity and increase revenue.
With our consulting arm focused on progressive telecom consulting services and a long history of being the leader in the call accounting arena, we exemplify a 30-year commitment to superior products and services. More than 3,000 customers count on us to offer exceptional customer service and supply the solutions that will help them gain control of their telecommunications systems.
ISI's products are used by law firms, accounting firms, universities and other higher education facilities, hospitality properties, government agencies, medical facilities, as well as thousands of commercial companies.
Job Title: In-House Corporate Counsel
Exemption Status: Part-Time - Non-Exempt Employee/Contractor
Reports To: President
Summary of Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Counsel (In-House) to be responsible for (i) drafting and reviewing company’s internal policies and procedures, (ii) drafting, reviewing, negotiating and modifying company’s internal and third-party contracts, and (iii) providing exceptional internal and external customer service. Will manage the contract process and interact with our clients, vendors and various departments within ISI.
- Draft, review and negotiate reseller/partner agreements, distributor agreements, software license agreements, software-as-a-service (SaaS) and managed services agreements, statements of work, confidentiality agreements, source code escrow agreements, business associate agreements (HIPAA), and other types of third-party contracts.
- Draft, review and revise internal documents, such as employment contracts, independent contractor agreements, vendor agreements, employee handbook, sales compensation plan and internal policies and procedures.
- Review requests for proposals (RFPs) and responses to RFPs.
- Correspond with business partners/customers and their attorneys.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Maintain ISI’s corporate organizational documents.
- Provide guidance and support to various internal departments regarding contract interpretation and business processes.
- Exercise practical business judgment regarding business and legal issues in order to determine and recommend appropriate actions
- Act as liaison between President and various internal departments.
- Ability to take on business responsibilities, in addition to legal responsibilities, if business skills warrant such additional responsibilities
Education and Minimum Experience Required:
- Current member in good standing of the Illinois bar, with a Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited law school.
- 5+ years of in-house corporate counsel experience working with C-level executives.
- 5+ years of contract experience required, with emphasis on software licensing, software-as-a-service (SaaS) and intellectual property. International experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proven business acumen, with ability to understand the company’s business and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings.
- Independent, efficient and proactive.
- Takes practical approach to practicing law – can do benefit/risk analysis, from company standpoint, when negotiating contracts.
- Experience with Security and HIPAA compliance is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Pay rate commensurate with experience. Our working environment encourages employees to excel. We believe in rewarding our staff for exceptional work.
Qualified candidates should forward resume to:
ISI Telemanagement Solutions
1051 Perimeter Dr. Suite 200, Schaumburg IL 60173
firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax: 847-995-0003