Customer Assistance Specialist
ISI develops, delivers and supports a portfolio of software solutions used by organizations to better manage and optimize their telephony infrastructure, employee productivity and telecom expenses. ISI’s solutions are platform agnostic – supporting both VoIP and legacy PBX based environments, may be deployed as an on-site software solution or as a cloud-hosted service, and focus on all modalities of the unified communications experience – voice, video, conferencing, IM, file sharing, and desktop screen capture. ISI sells its solutions through an extensive list of reseller partners and directly to end-user companies.
Job Title: Customer Assistance Specialist
Department: Customer Support Services
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt; Full-Time
Reports To: Customer Support Manager/Sr. Product Specialist
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer satisfaction by answering the Help Desk phones in a timely and professional manner.
- Clearly documents customers issues in ticketing system, noting details of the work performed.
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify common problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Performs software upgrades on remote ISI system.
- Escalate complex issues to Level II via ticketing system queue.
- Works to develop technical abilities in order to assist as many customers as possible.
- Serves as the liaison between customers, partners and ISI staff on the status of service tickets.
- Performs administrative and data reporting tasks as needed. Provides sales leads to increase revenue opportunities for the ISI team.
- Answers the Technical Support Line, emails and web generated service requests within department guidelines for responsiveness.
- Accepts service requests per guidelines by opening a Service Ticket and properly identifying the requester, ISI products involved, support coverage, billable status and support priority. Notifies customer if the service request may be billable, and obtains approval documents per policy.
- Answers questions and provides technical assistance as able based on complexity of customer request. It is expected that "Level I" support questions will be handled by the Customer Assistance Specialist.
- Provides remote assistance to troubleshoot, diagnose or gather information to allow for resolution of a software problem.
- Performs remote upgrades for customers ISI on-site applications.
- Encourages customers to start the problem-solving process themselves by making suggestions for corrective action.
- Provides sales leads to increase revenue opportunities for the company, according to the stated sales lead goal assigned based on product, position, etc.
- Determines their own training needs and ensure that supervisor is aware of training needed to grow with the assigned responsibilities. Assists in the training and development of fellow ISI associates.
- Will be required to work flexible hours to support special customer needs or to participate in personal training and development activities. Must be available to work 8-hour days starting as early as 7:00 AM and ending as late as 7:00 PM.
Education & Minimal Experience Required:
- High School Diploma (or GED)
- 2 years customer service experience in software based industry
- Technical problem-solving ability
- Solid communication skills and decision-making abilities
- Basic technical support knowledge working in Windows environment
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Customer-Service oriented
- Strong Interpersonal, Verbal & Written Communication skills
- Knowledge of general Telecommunication concepts
- Problem-Solving capabilities
- Strong Time Management skills
Compensation and Benefits
Pay rate commensurate with experience. Our working environment encourages employees to excel. We believe in rewarding our staff for exceptional work.
Qualified candidates should forward resume to:
ISI Telemanagement Solutions
1051 Perimeter Dr. Suite 200, Schaumburg IL 60173
email@example.com; Fax: 847-995-0003