Director of Engineering
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
ISI requires a full stack set of tools to create and maintain our SaaS product. The Test Automation Engineer will be responsible for designing the architecture of ISI’s automation framework and for its implementation. We are embracing automation testing, so being able to build framework from scratch is a major requirement for this role. The test automation engineer will take ownership of QA standards and automate existing manual QA processes. This role will be responsible for hands-on development of automated tests and working closely with developers to ensure that applications and services are built with CI/CD proper testing in mind in an agile Azure DevOps environment. Our cloud environment is Azure, so experience with DevOps tools, is preferred. There will also be API, Database and Performance Testing experience needed.
Does this sound like a fit? Apply today!
- Test Automation Engineer will be responsible to design/build architecture of ISI’s automation framework.
- You’ll draw on your test automation knowledge and creativity to design automation frameworks and lead the implementation of test strategy, test plans & test execution of the projects.
- Take ownership of QA standards, automate existing manual QA processes, and ensure highest QA standards are met.
- You will also review features/requirements and create test plans that define acceptance.
- Willingness to research new techniques and disseminate information to other team members.
- Ability to analyze an issue and present viable solutions or alternatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for hands-on development of automated tests and working closely with experienced developers to ensure that applications and services are built with testing in mind in an agile DevOps environment.
- Determine the priority for test automation to maximize test coverage, maintainability, scalability of important features.
- Boldness, be willing to disrupt and challenge status quo.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
BA/BS in computer sciences or equivalent technical field; 5 years experience in a software development or QA engineering role; specifically 3 years writing automated tests in a professional environment.
- Proven ability to design and develop automation testing architecture and write automated test scripts based on business requirements.
- Highly experienced QA Automation Engineer, knowledge around microservice architecture.
- Testing experience in Web, API endpoints, event-driven, system integration End2End testing to validate data integrity.
- Creates and maintains automated test suites and test frameworks that are executed through Azure DevOps pipeline CI/CD automation to ensure continuous feedback to developers.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, SQL Server or PostgreSQL preferred. Create queries, analyze data and understand execution plans.
- Experience in creation of automated testing including Functional, Regression, Smoke, System Integration, Load, User Acceptance (UAT) and GUI Testing
- Experience testing REST APIs or other XML or JSON web services
- Familiarity with Selenium for UI development.
- Familiarity with Microsoft tech stack; Visual Studio, Docker, Kubernetes, JSON, and Cloud Development.
- Experience with automated testing, integrated into a build pipeline.
- Familiarity with business-driven development (Cucumber and Gherkin). Specflow experience useful.
- General Telecommunication Concepts including Voice Over IP useful.
- ISI offers a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and a bonus plan
- Flexible Work from Home Policy available
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, and 401k plans
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy to ensure a solid work/life balance
- At ISI we hire driven, dedicated individuals who want to be part of a team. Our working environment encourages employees to excel. We believe in rewarding our staff for exceptional work.
Apply for the Test Automation Engineer Position
ISI is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. ISI is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
We Live By Our Values
At ISI, we want you to be your authentic self. We also want you to accept others for who they are. We believe that honest and empathetic communication is the best way to cultivate trust and meaningful relationships, which is critical to a healthy and sustainable work culture.
Curious people thrive in our culture. We love questioning the status quo and looking for better ways to do things. We never stop learning or preparing for the future. At ISI, we depend on creative individuals who aren’t afraid to speak up and challenge old paradigms. This is how we drive innovation.
Integrity is our compass. It keeps us on our path, even though uncertain and challenging times. It’s how we treat our customers, our employees, and our community. We wouldn’t have lasted four decades without it. It means being humble and courageous. A learner and a leader. It means working for the betterment of yourself, your team, and customers at the same time.
Chief Executive Officer
In addition to offering a supportive, high-energy & fun work environment, we offer a competitive salary structure and comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short-term and Long-term disability insurance
Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement policies
401k Plan and Company Match
Identity-Theft coverage (LifeLock)
Flexible spending benefit plans for health, dependent care, transit, and parking expenses
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Flexible work-from-home policy
On-site Fitness Center
Director of Customer Support