Director of Customer Support
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensure customer satisfaction by answering the Help Desk phones in a timely and professional manner.
- Clearly documents customers issues in Salesforce, noting details of the work performed.
- Monitor down system alarms and troubleshoot problems in a timely manner.
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify common problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Escalate complex issues to Technical Support Level II via Salesforce queue.
- Work to develop technical abilities to assist as many customers as possible.
- Serve as the liaison between customers, partners, and ISI staff on the status of support cases.
- Perform administrative and data reporting tasks as needed.
- Open sales leads to increase revenue opportunities for the ISI team.
- Will be required to work flexible hours based on Customer Support business hours which are Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM Central time.
- Answer the Technical Support Line, emails, and web generated support cases within department guidelines for responsiveness.
- Accept support cases per guidelines by opening a Support Case and properly identifying the requester, ISI products involved, support coverage, and support priority. Notifies customer if their support agreement has lapsed and opens and sales lead which in turn initiates a conversation between our Customer Success team and the customer.
- Answer questions and provides technical assistance as able based on complexity of customer request. It is expected that “Level I” support questions will be handled by the Customer Assistance Specialist.
- Provide remote assistance to troubleshoot, diagnose or gather information to allow for resolution of a software problem.
- Encourages customers to start the problem-solving process themselves by making suggestions for corrective action.
- Provide sales leads to increase revenue opportunities for the company, according to the stated sales lead goal assigned based on product, position, etc.
- Assists in the training and development of fellow ISI associates.
Specific Hiring Characteristics/Targets
- Strong empathy for customers and their success
- An organized and proactive self-starter and team-player
- A commitment to excellence and continuous improvement
- A positive and engaging personality that connects easily with customers and works well cross-functionally
Education and Minimum Experience Required
- High School Diploma (or GED)
- 2 years customer support experience in software-based industry
- Technical problem-solving ability
- Solid communication skills and decision-making abilities
- Basic technical support knowledge working in Windows environment.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Customer-Support oriented
- Strong Interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Previous experience with Salesforce or Service Cloud a real plus
- Knowledge of general Telecommunication concepts
- Problem-Solving capabilities
- Strong time management skills
- ISI offers a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and a bonus plan
- Flexible Work from Home Policy available
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, and 401k plans
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy to ensure a solid work/life balance
- At ISI we hire driven, dedicated individuals who want to be part of a team. Our working environment encourages employees to excel. We believe in rewarding our staff for exceptional work.
Apply for the Technical Support Specialist I Position
ISI is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. ISI is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
We Live By Our Values
At ISI, we want you to be your authentic self. We also want you to accept others for who they are. We believe that honest and empathetic communication is the best way to cultivate trust and meaningful relationships, which is critical to a healthy and sustainable work culture.
Curious people thrive in our culture. We love questioning the status quo and looking for better ways to do things. We never stop learning or preparing for the future. At ISI, we depend on creative individuals who aren’t afraid to speak up and challenge old paradigms. This is how we drive innovation.
Integrity is our compass. It keeps us on our path, even though uncertain and challenging times. It’s how we treat our customers, our employees, and our community. We wouldn’t have lasted four decades without it. It means being humble and courageous. A learner and a leader. It means working for the betterment of yourself, your team, and customers at the same time.
Chief Executive Officer
In addition to offering a supportive, high-energy & fun work environment, we offer a competitive salary structure and comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short-term and Long-term disability insurance
Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement policies
401k Plan and Company Match
Identity-Theft coverage (LifeLock)
Flexible spending benefit plans for health, dependent care, transit, and parking expenses
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Flexible work-from-home policy
On-site Fitness Center
Director of Customer Support