Director of Engineering
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
ISI requires a full-stack set of tools to create and maintain our SaaS product. We are looking for a Back-End Application Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the web application users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for creating and modifying API endpoints that integrate with the front-end applications built by your coworkers. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well. You will analyze, design, code, test and document applications. Our cloud environment is Azure, so experience with Azure and DevOps tools is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Break down user requests into manageable development tasks
- Analyze bottlenecks, design, prototype and code tasks using ISI’s tool kit of languages and Azure cloud environment
- Produce quality code according to good practices, raising the bar for team performance and speed
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions with security and data protection in mind.
- Design and implement robust APIs to support our web application
- Manage and optimize scalable distributed systems in the Azure cloud environment
- Willingness to research new techniques and disseminate information to other team members
- Growth mindset that challenges the status quo and focuses on outside-the-box ideas and solutions
- Boldness, be willing to disrupt and challenge status quo
- Ability to analyze an issue and present viable solutions or alternatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders
- Clearly document the solution use and offer information to assist Quality Assurance in testing the project
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
BA/BS in computer sciences or equivalent technical field; 5+ years’ experience in software development.
- Proficiency with C# and the modern .NET frameworks (e.g. .NET Core, .NET 5, .NET 6)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure infrastructure
- Familiarity with Microsoft tech stack, Visual Studio, Docker, Kubernetes, JSON, and Cloud Development
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases (SQL Server preferred). Should be able to create complex and efficient queries, analyze data, and understand execution plans
- Experience in designing web services and REST APIs
- Knowledge of any of these items is recommended:
- Familiarity with web security platforms
- General telecommunication concepts including Voice Over IP
- Familiarity with C++
- Familiarity with DevOps/pipelines/networking-security/azure portal
- Familiarity with application lifecycle management tools (Azure DevOps is preferred)
- Understanding of Agile methodology and concepts
- ISI offers a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and a bonus plan
- Flexible Work from Home Policy available
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, and 401k plans
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy to ensure a solid work/life balance
- At ISI we hire driven, dedicated individuals who want to be part of a team. Our working environment encourages employees to excel. We believe in rewarding our staff for exceptional work.
Apply for the Back-end Developer position
ISI is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. ISI is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
We Live By Our Values
At ISI, we want you to be your authentic self. We also want you to accept others for who they are. We believe that honest and empathetic communication is the best way to cultivate trust and meaningful relationships, which is critical to a healthy and sustainable work culture.
Curious people thrive in our culture. We love questioning the status quo and looking for better ways to do things. We never stop learning or preparing for the future. At ISI, we depend on creative individuals who aren’t afraid to speak up and challenge old paradigms. This is how we drive innovation.
Integrity is our compass. It keeps us on our path, even though uncertain and challenging times. It’s how we treat our customers, our employees, and our community. We wouldn’t have lasted four decades without it. It means being humble and courageous. A learner and a leader. It means working for the betterment of yourself, your team, and customers at the same time.
Chief Executive Officer
In addition to offering a supportive, high-energy & fun work environment, we offer a competitive salary structure and comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short-term and Long-term disability insurance
Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement policies
401k Plan and Company Match
Identity-Theft coverage (LifeLock)
Flexible spending benefit plans for health, dependent care, transit, and parking expenses
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Flexible work-from-home policy
On-site Fitness Center
Director of Customer Support