Latest ISI Development: Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) Reporting Announcement
ISI Telemanagement Solutions is pleased to announce support for Video Reporting for the Cisco® Meeting Server (CMS). This latest development expands Infortel® Select's functionality beyond voice calls to provide platform-agnostic reporting and analysis of all Unified Communications events. The new CMS functionality is integrated into the current Infortel Select application to provide end-users with a single user interface for analysis and reporting of CMS activity and resource utilization, in addition to activity from previously supported Cisco data sources such as Unified Communications Manager (UCM) clusters, gateways, Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) and Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX).
For existing Infortel Select users, many of the same popular reporting features enjoyed for easy analysis of voice and video calls hosted on the Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM) cluster will now apply to call detail from CMS. Including – Dashboard summary gates, scheduled report distribution, integrated custom report designer and organizational reporting.
Organizations using CMS to host video calls and seeking an effective reporting platform, Infortel Select now becomes an out-of-the-box solution to aid in the management of the CMS environment – tracking and reporting on call events, resource utilization, and participant activity.
Key benefits of Infortel Select video reporting for CMS include:
- Metrics on video call activity by day, week, or month – Evaluate adoption and utilization
- Identification of resources usage at average and peak times – Determine when to expand video resources to address demand or downsize so as not to waste underutilized resources
- Evaluation of resource requirements and utilization of available meeting types - Scheduled, Ad-hoc, and Personal CMR meetings
- Metrics on video call activity by room, office location or region – Evaluate and adjust for high or low demand equipment and effective room placement to service needs
- Analyze peak usage by video conference type – Scheduled, Ad-hoc, and Personal CMR
- Track and analyze video bridge usage by user – Identify heavy, occasional, and never users to manage access rights, and ensure priority is given to appropriate user groups
- Produce Licensing reports
The next release of Infortel Select will include support for CMS data sources and offer a selection of new predefined Dashboard summary gates driven by CMS call detail to provide visibility into Video Conference activity by various user-definable attributes. Users will also be able to design their own custom Dashboard summary gates, drawing upon an expanded selection of fields and criteria centric to CMS call detail.
Existing Infortel Select reports will be able to take a deeper dive into call detail from CMS data sources to produce ad-hoc and scheduled reports around CMS activity, resource utilization, and participants. This means that Video Detail and Summary reports formerly limited to video calls made from video equipped devices on CUCM will be able to include video calls hosted by CMS.
General availability for CMS video reporting is scheduled for the 4th quarter of this year. We will provide more updates about this project as we continue our development. If you have any questions about our CMS Reporting, please feel free to contact us directly.
If you are currently utilizing Cisco Media Server within your organization and are a current Infortel Select customer, we would like to hear from you to discuss a potential engagement in our beta testing initiative for this latest development. If you would be interested in becoming a beta tester, please contact us, and we will provide you with more information about the program.