As soon as you enter the application, you are greeted with user-defined dashboards displaying information you can use, immediately.
Call Accounting and Reporting
What is Call Accounting & Reporting?
Call Accounting and Reporting systems capture Call Detail Records (CDR) from telephone systems to report on telecom usage, telecom costs and employee activity. Infortel® Select, ISI's Call Accounting and Reporting application, supports collection and processing of CDR from all telecom sources (on-premise PBX and VoIP servers, Centrex and other hosted services, local and long distance carriers, conference services and wireless handsets) to facilitate consolidated reporting and analysis of an organization’s entire voice network. Infortel Select’s secure web user interface provides authorized users access to a customizable dashboard, exhaustive menu of pre-defined reports, a custom report designer and an on-demand traffic analysis tool to address any reporting need and allow decision makers to make informed business decisions for their organization.
Call Accounting & Reporting Customer Needs
ISI has been an industry leader in the Call Accounting and Reporting arena for over 30 years. With that much experience, we've learned a great deal about our customers and their needs. Below are some of the most common needs our customers have, as well as ways in which ISI's Call Accounting and Reporting platform solves them.
Benefits Include:(Click to Expand)
Traffic Analysis helps organizations determine if they are over or under trunked. Utilizing Traffic Analysis reports, an organization can identify their busy hours and how many trunks were used during those busy hours. From these metrics, they can establish the correct number of trunks needed to handle the busy hours at the grade-service they determine.
- Single tool for analysis of usage across the entire enterprise – platform agnostic, carrier agnostic
- On demand report access – no waiting for your vendor or carrier to perform a traffic study
- Conventional, VoIP and SIP support – Busy hour Erlang B and peak concurrent calls methodologies available
- Gateway and CUBE based traffic metrics – H323
- User-definable report filters facilitate modeling of new configurations for network planning
Infortel® Select includes Business Intelligence reporting that enables organizations to measure and monitor employee productivity. Users can dive into metrics based on hours, days, or weeks, or can review call handling summary reports based on hourly data.
- Definable threshold criteria to flag exceptional call activity
- Productivity stats by hour of day
- Ring time and abandoned rate metrics
- Ensure desired number of calls per day or per hour
- Ensure desired call types
- Monitor for productive call durations
- Geographic areas – ensure they are calling the right numbers
- Full call detail to back up summary metrics
- Obtain a list of Abandoned Cell Phone Numbers to re-contact customers
Abuse and Misuse Detection
If a company is concerned about their employees appropriate use of the telephone, including calling numbers they shouldn’t be calling, users can set customizable alarms within Infortel® Select to provide notification to managers of misuse and abuse of the company telecom system. This is particularly useful in high-traffic support areas where it is imperative that employees are communicating with customers rather than utilizing the phone system for personal use.
- Unlimited number of user-definable alarm conditions
- Variety of threshold and alarm criteria to eliminate “noise”:
- Call Type
- Dialed Number
- Trunk Gateway or Trunk Group
- Time of Day and Day of Week
- Department or even Individual Person
- Call Cost or Duration
- Manager notification by email, text or alpha-numeric pager
- Dynamic alarm message provides actionable content
Contact Center Metrics
Contact Centers are solely designed to provide customers the ability to interact with a company about its products. Unanswered calls or calls landing in voicemail, are highly problematic and reflect poorly on an organization’s ability to provide useful and meaningful customer service. Infortel® Select offers detailed metrics on answered and abandoned calls, ring-time summaries, and hourly, daily, and monthly statistics, allowing companies to truly gauge their Call Center’s effectiveness and giving them the opportunity to be proactive with their customer service approach.
- Any user - Contact Center software not required
- Inbound agent metrics on
- Answered Calls
- Abandoned Calls
- Ring Time to Answer
- Ring Time to Abandoned
- Hourly stats indentify peak and problematic hours
- Reporting by agent and workgroup
- Customizable dashboard view for department managers
- Obtain a list of Abandoned Cell Phone Numbers to re-contact customers
Historic Call Archive
With call reporting, organizations can take advantage of not only the ability to report on calls, but they also gain a searchable archive of historic call data. This on-demand access to call history provides a platform to satisfy a number of possible regulatory directives, including HR or litigation research.
- Search and retrieve months of call detail available on-demand
- Flexible reporting criteria make fast work of finding what's needed
- Produce verification of calls made or received to fulfill HR, corporate security, customer service and legal needs
Carrier Bill Reconciliation
In the past, phone bills would be sent to one central location and a team of workers would spend days scrutinizing call records to make sure they were assigned to the right department and free from erroneous charges. This took time, staffing, and an understanding that “room for error” applied to the process. Fortunately, organizations no longer have to devote hours reviewing carrier bills by hand. Infortel® Select allows users to perform Carrier Bill Reconciliation in minutes rather than days, and eliminates the need for extra staff and additional QC. Carrier Bill Reconciliation reports help identify erroneously listed calls, mistimed calls, and calls billed at incorrect rates.
- Accurate rating of PBX and VoIP server generated call records to reflect both tariff and custom negotiated rate plans
- Flexible reporting choices facilitate results aligned to selected carrier, circuit(s) and billing cycles
- Addition of carrier CDR feed facilitates automated matching of carrier to PBX CDR to identify discrepancies at the call detail level
- Identify carrier billing errors – improper rating, call duration discrepancies, calls not made by your organization
- Provides documentation to present to your carrier in support of disputes
Infortel® Select has a series of reports that can identify which telecom costs should be billed to which franchise, department, or employee. Companies can review Extension Summary and Organizational Detail Reports to review listings of each call made or received by employees and departments, including information identifying dates, times, durations, trunk facilities used, call costs, digits dialed, and destinations. And by analyzing Trunk Summary Reports, companies can adequately manage their trunk facilities, routes, or individual circuits by reviewing the call counts and total and average call duration of both incoming and outgoing calls within user-specified date ranges.
- True usage-based allocation of call costs back to responsible parties
- Based upon originating PBX/VoIP extensions and ownership
- Support for user definable fixed costs, one-time costs and overhead costs to allocate for non-usage expenses
- Variety of predefined cost center and allocation reports
- General Ledger interface to automate transmission of Telco charges to accounting
At it's core, Infortel® Select focuses on providing a proper reporting engine for the raw data collected from telecom sources that allows companies the opportunity to make proper business decisions in order to save money.
- Tracking and analysis of telephone usage back to responsible employees and departments will reduce variable usage costs
- Abuse Reduction
- Indentify mis-use to coach users to be more efficient
- Identify unused and under-used extensions
- Trunk analysis – right-size trunk facilities to eliminate excess
- Traffic analysis – provides metrics to negotiate on correct services
- Telecom Profit Optimizer (Audit Services) – identify and eliminate excess, incorrect or unnecessary carrier billing with possible credits on prior months
Tenant Billing Reports provide information to enable users to bill call activity back to tenants, contractors, vendors, other users or departments. Tenant Billing Reports are included on three levels: owner level, organization level, and summary.
- Produce a deliverable telecom bill for tenants, contractors, vendors or guests using your phone system
- Charge fixed fee for telecom infrastructure:
- phone equipment, voice mail, modem lines, network access, operator services
- Charge fees for one-time services:
- service activation, adds, moves & changes, headsets
- User-definable inventory and billing methodology
- Make your telecom department a profit center